Yesterday I went to my first “Baby Rhyme Time” class offered by the Calgary Public Library and it was a great experience. I had previously heard about these free programs for babies (such as Mother Goose) but this is the first time that I actually go and check it myself and let me tell you that this is definitely worth it.
For those of you that are not familiar with these programs, the Calgary Library offers free activities for babies, toddlers and kids throughout the City. Considering that my little munchkin is only three months old, I have taken a closer look at the ones for babies but I have other friends with toddlers and preschoolers that confirmed that the activities for toddlers and kids are also great.
Focusing on babies, there’s a total of 5 activities that you can do with your bundle of joy. Some are just a one day thing and others take place every week for 3 to 6 weeks. I am attaching below a screenshot of the babies activities for the fall 2016 (until the end of October) and you can always get more information here or visiting the following link.
If after reviewing all that information you are still not convinced about how awesome these programs are, here you have a list with 5 reason why every mom should attend these library sessions.
- These classes are excellent to develop your baby’s early literacy and social skills – Your baby will learn how to interact and socialize with other babies as well as family members while learning new songs and rhymes. I was amazed yesterday when I saw the little one staring at other babies and laughing and cooing to them. Just seeing him having so much fun
- You will learn new rhymes and songs to entertain your baby at home – Boredom or lack of stimulation is one of the reasons why babies cry and we all know how fuzzy the little ones can get sometimes if they feel that they are not getting enough attention or playtime. Having a good repertoire of songs and rhymes to entertain him and make him smile is the solution to a bored baby.
- They will help you bond with the little one – Any new activity that you do with your baby will help you create a stronger bond between the two of you. These classes are specially good for it because you will be singing to your baby, touching, dancing and cuddling him all the time.
- This classes will help you socialize too – We all know how tough it is to socialize with other adults when you just had a baby, specially when you are a first-time-mom. These sessions are excellent to help you connect with other mamas that are going exactly through the same experiences than you are. You will have the chance to meet them there, chat, share anecdotes and/or concerns and you can arrange future play dates. If you are lucky and find a true connection you can even make new friends!
- They are free! – I don’t know about other cities, but in Calgary any classes with activities for babies are extremely expensive so having the chance to enjoy this type of sessions for free is something that you can’t ignore! On top of that, these classes are all over the city (each public library location have their own sessions) so you won’t have to cross the entire city just to attend one of these programs.
Go check the links above or just take a look at all the free programs that are available at the Calgary Public Libraries through their website and start having fun with your baby! 🙂
Have you gone to any of these sessions and would like to share your experience? Leave me a comment in the section below!
Linked in Small Victories Sunday Link Up.